Here at Lotte, our corporate philosophy is to enrich our customers' lifestyles and dreams, and we have established the seven principles below with this in mind.
As a "good corporate citizen", Lotte Group plays its part in the establishment of an affluent and sustainable new society thanks to all Lotte Group employees sharing the ethos of the Lotte group way and implementing these principles.
First of all, we must consider what is important to the consumer.
Based on an attitude of making things that are easy to make and selling things that are easy to sell, research and development will only yield products that are remote from consumers' aspirations.
Providing products that enrich people's lives and services that give them satisfaction, never losing sight of the basic principle that the all-important customer is the consumer-
We at Lotte believe this spirit to be our very foundation.
Next, we must stress an attitude of continuously seeking out the new and original.
Lotte has gained a reputation for being quick to take on new ideas and developing distinctive products in the area of confectionery.
We must continue to meet the challenge of searching for new possibilities in our creations, without being content to rest on our reputation or trusting to precedent.
This same stance must apply not only to Lotte's traditional core businesses, but also to the fields where we will be expanding in the future-leisure, health, and businesses serving the needs of an ageing population-and, further, to our entry into new and increasingly active global markets.
It is vital that we exercise to the full our great assets of progressiveness and spirit of challenge in seeking out new business opportunities.
Without the manufacturing know-how, quality control and service system to make it a reality, however, any new idea will remain just that-an idea, an empty theory.
Lotte has grown to become the company it is thanks to its quality-first philosophy of 'working hard to make superlative products using the finest ingredients'.
As we move into the future, this spirit must on no account be allowed to waver. To make the highest quality a reality, we need to bring the highest passion to our work.
And "quality" has to mean the guarantee not of the producer's self-satisfaction but of enjoyment, flavour and contentment for the consumer.
The spirit of "quality first" means not just pride in craftsmanship, but a benchmark for considering what each and every member of the company needs to be doing to achieve this.
(1) We provide products and services that satisfy our customers' requirements.
(2) We ensure that appropriate sanitation and quality control systems are in place.
(3) We pay proper attention to the safety of our products in all processes from research &
development, procurement, production, distribution and sales to recycling.
(1) We comply with all laws and regulations in our business activities.
(2) We conduct our business in a fair and transparent way.
(3) We conduct our business activities in accordance with high ethical standards.
(1) We strive to always put our customers first and actively provide appropriate information relating to our products and services.
(2) We are in touch with society as a whole and provide essential information in a timely manner.
(1) We place great importance on our employees' diversity, personality and individuality.
(2) We strive to create a safe and pleasant working environment.
(1) We conduct our business activities while considering environmental problems from a global perspective.
(2) We strive to reduce our burden on the environment and promote environmental conservation.
(1) We recognize our responsibility to be a good corporate citizen and actively contribute to society in a spirit of social service.
(2) We continue to interact closely with society through our business activities and contribute to the development of society.
We comply with international rules and local laws, respect local cultures and customs, and contribute to the development of local countries and regions.